Introducing Enhanced Business Security from Central Valley Community Bank.
Central Valley Community Bank is proud to deliver a higher level of security for our Cash Management customers. We are adding an additional layer of security to our log in process called Enhanced Business Security. This will help ensure that your information is secure, protecting you from fraud and identity theft. Click & Learn
How it works
Enhanced Business Security verifies your identity in two-ways. Every time you log in to Cash Management, the bank identifies you, and it lets you identify the bank using a private image and pass phrase.
Register for Enhanced Business Security
To register for Enhanced Business Security: Click & Learn
- Log in by entering your current User Name, then click NEXT.
- Enter your current Password, then Click LOGIN.
- The Enhanced Business Security Registration screen is displayed.
- Click the CHANGE IMAGE link, or use the randomly-selected image displayed.
- Enter a phrase in the Your Phrase field. This phrase should be 1 to 30 characters long, and may be any text you will recognize on future visits. The phrase should NOT describe the image itself.
- Select the Yes, register this personal computer radio button to register the computer, or select the No, do not register it radio button to leave the computer unregistered.
Important: Only register personal computers that you frequently use and are not available for public use.
- Click NEXT
- A confirmation screen allows you to verify your Enhanced Business Security image and phrase.
- Click NEXT to Log on.
That's it. The next time you log on, the system will recognize you. Your secret image & phrase will be displayed.
Log on with Enhanced Business Security
Once you have registered for Enhanced Business Security, to log on: Click & Learn
- Enter your current User Name, then Click NEXT.
- Your secret image and phrase are displayed.
- If the image and phrase match your secret image and phrase, enter your password.
- If they do not match, do not enter your password. Start over, or contact Central Valley Community Bank at for assistance.
- Click LOGIN.
That's it. You are now securely logged on.
Log on from other locations
Log in to Internet banking using your current User Name.
If the system doesn't recognize your computer, an email will automatically be sent to your registered e-mail address.
Open the e-mail message, and follow these steps:
- Click on the URL in the message, or copy and paste the full link into your browser.
- This will link you to your challenge questions. Correctly answer the questions, and click "Next."
- An authentication image and phrase will be displayed. If they match your private image and phrase, then enter your PASSWORD and click "Login."
- Select either Personal or Public computer. You should only register Personal computers. Click "Next."
You are now securely logged into Internet Banking. Click & Learn
Change your private image & phrase
There are thousands of images to choose from. To select the one that's right for you, just follow these steps:
- Enter your User Name, then click NEXT.
- Enter your Password, then click the CHANGE IMAGE link.
- Browse the library of images and pick the one you wish to use. Click one of the images to select it, or click MORE IMAGES to load additional images. When you have found an image that meets your needs, click the image. You are returned to the previous screen.
- Enter a phrase in the YOUR PHRASE field. This phrase should be 1 to 30 characters long, and may be any text you will recognize on future visits. The phrase should not describe the image itself.
- Update your secret phrase.
- Select the Yes, register this personal computer radio button to register the computer, or select the No, do not register it radio button to leave the computer unregistered. IMPORTANT: Only register personal computers that you frequently use and which are not available for public use.
- Click the NEXT button. A confirmation screen allows you to verify your image and phrase.
- Click OK to Log on.
That's it. The next time you log on, your new image and phrase will be displayed.
If you have questions, please visit our Help Center, or contact us for assistance.